Trays are an important piece of equipment in every bakery, pastry and bread shop and especially in industrial bakery.
They serve as carriers of the products in static installations for the fermentation, cooling, freezing, storage and bakery ovens, where are mainly used on trolleys. Special chapter represent custom-made trays that are used in automated industrial systems.
Trays present quite a significant cost. First, as an investment, and then as a logistic challenge, as they need to be properly maintained, stored and moved between the stages of the production process.
To make tray’s lifetime as long as possible, in addition to the diligent care, the correct choice of the tray is also important. Here, in addition to the appropriate forms and dimensions, which correspond to the product and installation in which trays are used, material and method of manufacture of the tray are also important.
The actual resistance of the tray is shown in baking. Standard trays offered in the company Uršič are made of AlMn alloy sheet. This material, at a constant temperature of appx. 230°C, in the long run prove to be more stable than previously used material AlMg3. AlMn in comparison with AlMn3 is also more temperature durable, as demonstrated by an independent research institute RWHT of Aachen.
Depends on what you use them for, rays are made of smooth or perforated metal, thickness of 1.5 mm or 2.0 mm. They can be straight or wavy, which are used for a variety of French breads, buns or rolls. There are also specialvariations of trays for specific requirements.
Typical perforation diameter of classic bakery tray is 3 mm. We aslo offer you trays with perforation diameter of 2 mm. The difference is shown on the bottom of the baked product:
1. Standard tray with 3mm perforation.
Fresh dough sits in the hole, creating a typical pattern on the baked product.
2. Micro perforation tray with 2mm diameter.
Fresh dough does not sit in the hole as much, which makes the bottom of the product smoother.
Depending on the purpose and intensity of use, you can choose between different rim executions. The rims give a certain stability and convenience.
For use in rotary or other trolley convection ovens, as well as conventional deck ovens, we mainly use 2-, 3- or 4- rim trays. Which one we use, is mainly decided on our work habits and intensity of use.
In part, the choice of tray rim is also influenced by the manner of storage and transport. Eg. trays with angled sides may be more stable stacked on one another, ...
Trays with no rims are also available for specific purpose and requirements.
An important decision in the selection of the tray, is also an anti-sticking coating.
You can choose between Teflon and silicone coatings, the choice depends on the intended use:
- TOP COAT Extra, 3-layer FEP Coating - for products with high sugar content at baking temperature up to 205°C.
- TOP COAT Nova, 2-layer PTFE / PFA coating - for frozen products, for pastry and bread at baking temperature up to 260°C.
- TOP COAT Special, 3-layer PTFE / PFA coating - for all types of dough, especially suitable for wheat dough, limitedly used for products with very high sugar content, at baking temperature up to 260°C.
- SILICON RUBBER - RED - suitable for all types of products.
- SILICONE GLAZE - suitable for all types of products, ideal for products with high sugar content.
All coatings comply with the applicable regulations for the use of materials in the food industry: EG 1935/2004, 80/590 / EEC, 89/109 / EWG, FDA CFR21, BfR, BGA.
In addition to the mentioned baking trays we offer special trays for specific purposes and specific products. These are: hamburger or hotdog bun pans and different types of deep-drawn tin sets for sliced bread and sandwiches, pastry bread and fruit bread, triangular shaped tin sets and more.
TRAY USE AND CARE
If we want to make our tray’s life spand as long as possible, they must be properly cared for.
- The surface of the new Al trays without coating can be a bit greasy from the residue of fat formed in the tray making machines. Before use, the trays should be washed in a dishwasher at a temperature of 60°C and thoroughly dried.
- Trays and models with coating need special care. It is important that we do not put empty trays in the oven at its working temperature.
- Also, we must not cut the products on trays or in models with a coating, because we might demage the coating.
Trays and models with coating, must be completely dry before the application, as otherwise the dough sticks to the surface and destroys the coating.
- When cleaning we must not use any sharp objects, knives, scraper or hard brushes.
- Trays and molds with coating must be stacked with caution so that we do not damage the coating.
- When washing the trays, make sure not to use unsuitable and aggressive cleaning agents which can damage the surface. Upon completion of washing, we extensively rinse them with running water.
Trays and models are air-dried or they can be placed in convection oven at a temperature of ca. 150°C for 15-20 minutes.
- An indication that the life of the tray with coating has expired, is that the products begin to stick to the surface. Trays with damaged coating (scratches, etc.) must not be used.
Read more on our offer of trays HERE.